-
November 12th, 2001, 01:07 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I recently installed a Hondata Stage 4, along with a set of RC 440 injectors, and all the recommended mods for use with a JRSC on my 99 civic si.
Immediately upon firing up with the Hondata and new computer for the first time, everything was fine. After the car warms up near full operating temp, the idle starts to bounce.
I immediately suspected a vacuum leak... however, I have checked all the lines and still have the same problem.
After mentioning the problem to Doug, he sent me a new bin file to overlay my tables onto which he said would correct the problem.. still no go.
Occasionly the bouce will go away after idling for a while, but as soon as i hit the gas its back....
ill continue to work with Doug, but if anyone has any ideas.. please fire away.
btw.. ive never monkeyed with the idle prior to this.. so im fairly sure its electronic.
------------------
-
November 12th, 2001, 12:40 PM
#2
Inactive Member
You may also want to check the filter screen in the AIC valve.
I had the same problem before I had it apart a couple weeks ago and there was a lot of carbon looking buildup on the filter screen of the AIC valve.
I just carefully scraped it with a flat head and blew it out, before it was almost completely clogged.
Seems much more consistent now with any map.
(BTW - I also had a pinched/leaking oil separator box o-ring that was fixed at the same time, which could of been part of my problem as well)
-
November 12th, 2001, 02:32 PM
#3
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Turismo:
You may also want to check the filter screen in the AIC valve.
I had the same problem before I had it apart a couple weeks ago and there was a lot of carbon looking buildup on the filter screen of the AIC valve.
I just carefully scraped it with a flat head and blew it out, before it was almost completely clogged.
Seems much more consistent now with any map.
(BTW - I also had a pinched/leaking oil separator box o-ring that was fixed at the same time, which could of been part of my problem as well)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Cool. This might be something I'd like to look into too...where is it located ont he 95 GSR w/ jsrc? 
------------------
It's powered by GASOLINE damnit!!!
-
November 12th, 2001, 04:05 PM
#4
Inactive Member
i've seen a few people that have had to set their IAC duty cycle down to 1/4.. i try to keep my timing low and very similar right around idle but i'm using normal iac duty and have a rock solid 775-785 idle.. (set at 780)
------------------
-
November 12th, 2001, 04:08 PM
#5
Senior Hostboard Member
I was going to suggest some IAC duty cycle manipulation... make small changes and drive it a bit. See what happens.
------------------
'93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph
-
November 13th, 2001, 08:29 PM
#6
Inactive Member
I have a 96 GSR w/ JRSC and mine is bolted to the back of the JR manifold on the passenger side.
It has two coolant hoses and wire harness.
You dont need to remove either coolant hose to remove it and get to the screen, just two fairly long (12mm I think) bolts.
Make sure the figure "8" shaped o'ring stays put when re-installing.
-
November 15th, 2001, 09:50 PM
#7
Inactive Member
So I came across the idle write up on the Hondata site... why didnt you guys yell at me and tell me to look there before!
Turns out my TPS is out of adjustment. Im reading between .49 and .51 at idle. Now.. here is the question. How did it get out of adjustment.. and how do I fix it.
I've done a bunch of searching and haven't found a good writeup on it yet. best i can tell is i have to slot the rivets with a dremel, and twist something... anything else i need to know?
------------------
-
November 17th, 2001, 06:53 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Try to lower your AIC on your hondata ROM a little bit...mess with it until the idle settles by sliding that bar back and forth.
------------------
It's powered by GASOLINE damnit!!!
-
November 18th, 2001, 04:58 AM
#9
Inactive Member
update:
I adjusted my TPS, and my idle is 75% better, but 75% is still not 100%. My TPS reading at idle is now dead on at .45, and reads 4.45-4.5 at WOT.
Now, at idle, my idle oscillation is much better, but not 100%. It still bounces some, but not as bad.. it doesn't bounce as high, and after about 15 seconds or so the bouce will stop. The stopping thing is new, so I'm making progress.
So.. I'm unsure of what my next step should be.. any tips?
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks